Vista Storm Soccer Club Board Elections will be held on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 7:00- 9:00pm at our clubhouse (337 Olive Avenue, Vista, CA 92083). The positions being voted on are President, Secretary, and Director of Competitive.
The President, Secretary, and Director of Competitive shall serve for a period of two years and can be re-elected for a maximum of three terms and will be elected on EVEN calendar years. The term of office shall commence January 1st following the Annual General Meeting. Nominations for Directors may be made by recommendation of a committee or from an active member of the club which is duly seconded. Any person wishing to be elected President of the Vista Storm Soccer Club must have been a member of the Board of Directors for at least one year during the three preceding years. Nominations to be made by emailing Sec@vistasoccerclub.org the nominated person's name and position being nominated for.
Below is a description of each position.
The President shall:
1. Be the Chief Executive Officer of the Club;
2. Subject to the control of the Board of Directors, have general supervision, direction and control of the business of the Club;
3. Preside at all meetings of the members of the Club and at all meetings of the Board of Directors;
4. Be an ex-officio member of all committees of the Club;
5. Appoint special ad hoc committees as necessary subject to confirmation by the Board of Directors;
6. Promote the best interests of the Club and its members.
The Secretary shall:
1. Keep or cause to be kept, a book of minutes at the principal office or such other place as the Board of Directors may order of all meetings of the Board of the Directors and members of the Club, with the time and place of holding, whether regular or special, and if special, how authorized and notice thereof given, and the name of those present at the Board of Directors’ meeting and proceedings thereof;
2. Give or cause to be given, notice of all meetings of the members of the Club and the Board of Directors required by the by-laws or by law to be given;
3. Prepare or cause to be prepared the agenda for all meetings of the Board of Directors or the Club;
4. Prepare or cause to be prepared such communications on behalf of the Club as the Board of Directors may direct;
5. Have such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors or the by-laws.
The Director of Competitive shall:
1. Oversee and coordinate the operations and activities of the Club’s competitive soccer program;
2. Oversee the activities of any professional coaches or trainers retained by the Club and providing services to the Club’s competitive soccer program;
3. Represent the Club at meetings of gaming leagues in which competitive teams of the Club participate;
4. Oversee and coordinate tryouts for the Club’s competitive soccer teams;
5. Coordinate the Club’s overall soccer operations with the Director of Recreation;
6. Oversee training and educational activities for competitive players, trainers and coaches;
7. Preside at meetings of the competitive cadre;
8. Have such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors or the by-laws.
Vista Storm Soccer Club's Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 7:30pm at our clubhouse (337 Olive Avenue, Vista, CA 92083).